Monday, May 4, 2009

Clips of this week. (Part 1)

Before I start on video clips, I have to bring an ad to every one's attention. Particularly seeing as I keep busting out to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S2tyjeXkE4

I am trying to get through more video clips. Here is part 1 of this week. Tell me if you know any of them. Even if all you want to do is shout at me for my taste in music.

The Offspring were on 2 Saturday's ago. Rage had a wild card special. I really like The Offspring. Not any of there 'Pretty Fly' era but before that was great. Song on this night was 'Gone Away' but a few weeks ago someone played 'The kids aren't alright' and I had it in my head for the whole week.

CSS programmed this week. I came in a little late.

The Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden has come on. I remember in 2002 System of a Down programmed and the bass player, Shavo, did the whole beginning bit to camera. It was very well done. More guys should be able to do that on request. That, and the spoken part of 'Thriller'.

Shakira's 'Wherever, Whenever' -possibly my favourite pop song of the last 20 years. Oh yeah, and she's really hot in this clip... I too, have small breasts no-one could confuse with mountains.

Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love'. Another hot lady with fantastic dancing and an awesome pop song. One of the dancers in this clip is now in the Pussycat Dolls.

The Donnas. A band I just can't get into. Same as the Sahara Hotnights, who were on earlier.

Hole 'Doll parts'. Haters can go to hell. Courtney Love is a goddess, particularly in the 90's. Brodie Dalle from The Distillers thinks so too.

The Kills... 1st mention of this band without the words 'Kate Moss' being said in months.

Sonic Youth... Yeah CSS, couldn't see that one coming.

The Cramps 'Naked girl falling down the stairs' A song I can't place. Perhaps it was in a few 90's movies.

Tilly and the wall. Cool that they have a tap dancer as a percussionist but I couldn't get into them either.

Elastica 'Connection'. Everyone knows the hook in this song, even if they don't realise it.

Bronski Beat remind me of Bros... No idea why.

The Cure 'lullaby'. Hurrah for Robert Smith's appallingly applied make-up. Does his wife wear makeup in the same fashion? CSS possibly 1st band in years to play 'Lullaby' and not 'Close to me' or 'Lovecats'.

CSS now segue from talking about the song 'Ladyfingers" to how disgusting the word 'Fishfingers' are

Kim Wilde's 'Kids in America' awesome...

'Wicked game' Helena Christensen's underwear in this is very unsexy.. Looks vaguely nappyish. How is Chris Isaak still single? Presumably his choice...

K.D. Lang 'Constant Craving'. Good song, but I like 'Summer fling' more.

No comments: