Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Transmission now resumed.

Hello there strangers!
I hope everyone has had a wonderful Summer. The weather has certainly been erratic. As I write this it is a chilly 13 degrees. The reason I haven't written in a while is weather related too. Who wants to be sitting in front of a computer when it is over 30 and you are sleepy and hot?

Regular blogging will resume this week. In the meantime here are 12 observations and happenings from the past few weeks. Even if I don't know you very well, don't be afraid to leave a comment!

  1. The Oscars were actually bearable this year, and I don't even find Hugh Jackman the least bit attractive.
  2. I don't usually pay any attention to the attire of celebrities but this year's Oscar dresses on the whole were very boring. I do however want Angelina Jolie's emerald jewelry. No to Brad Pitt hanging around with them though. Gosh! Two of the sexiest men alive and I don't think they are hot...
  3. Follow up observation: One could argue I'm not a woman but an android.
  4. My year-long hiatus of listening to Triple J is over. Enjoying it again for the most part.
  5. My friend Jess actually saw the multiple Razzie winning 'I know who killed me' starring Lindsay Lohan. Sometimes I worry for the sanity of my friends.
  6. In other news, I figured out that I saw 2 movies in the last year at the cinema. 'Speed Racer' and 'Twilight'. On second thoughts, disregard number 5 on this list.
  7. Thanks to 'Spicks and Specks' on the ABC I now know what the words to 'Ca Plane Pour Moi' mean. The song now makes LESS sense.
  8. My friend Roslyn Mertin used to sing the words to 'Ca Plane Pour Moi' as 'Smack my bum hard'. This, while embarrassing, still makes more sense than the original.
  9. I went to Impact Comics for the first time since they moved out of Impact Records a few years back. Do you think they would mind if I moved in?
  10. I've become utterly obsessed about xkcd comics. Here is a link to one of my favourites. www.xkcd.com/290/
  11. I saw my first Brown Snake of the season- 5 months after I would normally spot my first. More evidence of the erratic weather patterns this past year.
  12. I finally got around to seeing 'The Devil Wears Prada' and it was a lot better than I was expecting. B+

No comments: