Saturday, June 6, 2009

My name IS Superted!

So I added a friend to Facebook this week. While looking at what groups Dan was a member of I found a group called 'Super Ted, the Forgotten Hero.'
Super Ted was a children's cartoon made in Wales in the '80's. Here is the intro:


I was absolutely obsessed with the show when I was 2-4 years old. To the point where I became utterly convinced my name was 'Superted Bert Hayes'.

My Grandad had a screwdriver rigged up to a flashlight and said it was a lie detector. He asked me what my name was and I said 'Superted Bert Hayes' and he made the light flash. I ran out of the room crying "Your machine is broken! My name IS Superted Bert Hayes!!" It's been a family story told at all reunions, weddings and funerals since.

Around the same time I had an imaginary 12 ft purple horse named 'Sickul'. I even took it to a wedding when I was 3. He had to sit outside.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight, Rage is programmed by comedian Tim Minchin. Tim's brilliant song 'Peace Anthem for Palestine' is not featured but I figured I'd post it here. Song starts at about 40 seconds.

No comments: